Exhibitor Rules and Regulations
- Smoking is strictly prohibited at all times in the Anaheim Convention Room
- Utilities will be provided by the show decorator. All utility service requests must be received not less than ten (15) working days in advance to exhibitor move in and/set up.
- Exhibitor signage is not allowed in the hotel lobby unless you are a Sponsor of the Event and this must sent to Mary Carter the show Producer no less then ten (15) working days in advance to exhibitor move in.
- Exhibitors will not glue, tape, tack, nail or in any way affix items to any interior or exterior surface of the Hilton Anaheim Convention center. Glitter Streamers/adhesive backed poster boards or signs are strictly prohibited unless on an easel.
- Do not throw boxes or trash generated during the show hours into the aisles; we will have staff available to help you clear boxes away from your both or from the area around your booth. Aisle ways, exit ways and exits must be kept clear of any trash or debris at all times.
- All decoration and items within the Exhibitors booth must be fire retardant and meet all requirements of the local fire codes.
- No equipment, booths(s) signs, displays or other items will be allowed to block or obstruct any emergency phones, alarms, sprinklers heads, sprinklers connections/valves or hose connections.
- No sternos, or open flame lighting devices may be used to cook or prepare your product samples. The only cooking units permitted are electrical - example: Crock pots, George Forman Grills, Microwaves, Hot plate.
- No oils, combustibles, or any liquids other than water may be poured into the Hilton Anaheim’s drainage or sewer system. A wash area is provided to the vendors in the back service area of the convention room so vendors may fill wash stations and clean their cooking utensils as needed.
- All vendors must supply their own wash station if they are sampling food products. A description of a health code approved wash station for your booth will be in the exhibitors packet along with a form to fill out and fax in no later than ten (10) days prior to the show. If you are traveling by plane and cannot provide a wash station for your booth, fax the order form to 949-498-1198 and a wash station will be brought to your booth area when you arrive for set up. A fee for this service will apply.
- Exhibitors demonstrating or using cooking appliances must have at least one small fire extinguisher in their booth at all times. Exhibitors cooking or using any appliance producing grease laden vapors (deep fat, deep frying, frying pans, etc) must have at least one Type K fire extinguisher in the booth at all times. Cooking appliances must be isolated from spectators by at least four (4) feet or by a barrier between the appliances and the spectators. Protective floor mats should be placed under your cooking station in order to protect the carpet at the Hilton Anaheimís Convention room. Exhibitors agree to pay a clean up fee or carpet replacement fee for any spills or damage to the Hilton Anaheimís Convention Center/Ballroom carpet.
- Compressed gas/Helium cylinders used to inflate balloons must be properly secured to prevent toppling, tipping, etc, during all event hours. These cylinder(s) must be registered with the show office no less then ten (15) working days in advance to exhibitor move in/set up.
- Loading docks are for loading and unloading only; a permit must be obtained for each vehicle before going to the loading dock. Permits will be available at the exhibitor check-in desk on the second floor of the Hilton Anaheim during check in. All vehicles left in the loading dock without permits will be towed at the owner’s expense. Loading and unloading must be done through the designated loading docks assigned for this event. Loading and unloading through the main lobby is strictly limited to hand carried items only. The show management does not provided carts, dollies, or pallet jacks for exhibitors use.
- No items may be thrown at any time from any booth (s).
- Exhibitors should not leave valuables or personal items (laptops, purses, cameras, video cameras, I-pods, briefcases, etc) on tabletops, behind booth drapes or in any unsecured area of the event center. Please remove all such items from the show area at the close of each day; the Show Management/Show Staff and the Hilton Anaheim and the Hilton Anaheim staff are not responsible for any lost, misplaced or stolen items. Please keep your valuables with you. During move out, please do not leave your booth unattended until all of your display materials have been packet and crated.
- Deposits and fees for booth space(s) are nonrefundable. Any items abandoned at the end of the show on August 17th, 2008 and left on the show floor will be removed and disposed of without recourse.
- Each Food Company participating in the Americas Best Professional Food Competition will receive two (2) banquet tickets to attend the Awards Ceremony held at the Hilton Anaheim on August 15th, 2008. Brunch begins at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 11:30 a.m. If you need to have additional tickets please contact the show office via email to order additional tickets for this year’s banquet, please keep in mind we have a limited amount of seats available additional tickets will be offered on a first come bases and are complimentary. If you have not entered the Americas Best Professional Food Competition yet please do so.
- We have a limited number of rooms blocked for this event with the Hilton Anaheim. These rooms are offered at a significantly discounted rate. We have an in-house room reservation Manager to accommodate you in making your reservations. Please email us for a room reservation form. One will be provided in your exhibitor’s packet as well. The Hilton will be sold out during the show so reserve your room(s) early. Mary@celebrityfoodshow.com
- Charging for samples being handed out to the consumer to taste is absolutely prohibited.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF EXHIBITION
CONDITIONS OF EXHIBIT SPACE AGREEMENT
The Exhibitor agrees to obey all laws, by-laws, ordinances and regulations governing use of the facility (Hilton Anaheim Hotel) and operation of the Show, (ii) abide by the rules and regulations of the city, fire and police departments and of any other government or regulatory body having authority to regulate the facility and the Show, and (iii) obey all laws, including those pertaining to health and safety, consumer protection and protection of visitors to the Show.
The Exhibitor agrees to abide by all rules and regulations governing the Show established from time to time by ABFE including rules and regulations set forth in the Exhibitor Manual.
The Exhibitor agrees to observe, to the extent applicable, all union contracts and labor relations agreements in force (i) between ABFE and contractors providing services to the facility, and (ii) governing companies operating in the facility in which the Show is taking place.
The Exhibitor agrees to obtain, at its own expense, any licenses or permits which are required for the operation of its trade or business during the term of the Show and to pay all taxes, including all applicable sales taxes, of any nature or kind that may be levied against it as a result of the operation of its trade or business in its contracted space.
The Exhibitor agrees not to conduct or be associated with any promotional contests held at or in connection with the Show unless (i) the Exhibitor satisfies ABFE that the contest is being operated in accordance with applicable law; and (ii) the prior written consent of ABFE is obtained.
The playing, performing, reproduction, broadcasting or other use at the Show of any music, materials, devices, processes and dramatic rights (the “Work) that is the subject of any third party copyright, trademark, industrial design, patent or any other intellectual property right, by the Exhibitor or its agents, representatives or employees is prohibited without the express written consent of ABFE. The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ABFE and the facility (and their respective officers, directors, employees, insurers, agents, representatives and those for whom the Exhibitor is responsible in law) against any and all claims, losses, liabilities and damages (including legal fees and expenses) costs and charges arising from or as a result of any unauthorized use of any Work by the Exhibitor, its agents, representatives, employees and those for whom the Exhibitor is responsible in law.
The Exhibitor agrees to occupy the contracted exhibit space during Show hours and to sell, promote or advertise only the products and services described in this license agreement.
ABFE reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion to: (i) determine the eligibility of Exhibitors and exhibits for the Show, (ii) reject, eject or prohibit exhibits or Exhibitors which ABFE considers objectionable, inappropriate, disruptive or offensive to ABFE, other Exhibitors or Show attendees; (iii) change or modify the layout of the Show and/or relocate exhibits or Exhibitors; (iv) cancel, in whole or in part, the Show due to an event of force majeure; or (v) change the date, location and duration of the Show; without any liability to ABFE.
ABFE shall have the right to establish and amend or modify any regulations governing use of the facility and the Show.
ASSIGNMENT AND SUBLETTING
The Exhibitor shall not assign any rights or sublet space under this license agreement without the prior written permission of ABFE, which permission may be withheld in ABFE’s sole and unfettered discretion.
The Exhibitor agrees to indemnify and hold harmless ABFE and the facility (Hilton Anaheim Hotel), their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives insurers and employees or those for whom the Exhibitor is responsible in law, against all claims, losses, liability, damages (including legal fees and expenses), costs and charges of every kind resulting from (i) its occupancy of the exhibit space and/or its environs, (ii) the use of equipment or devices furnished to or used by the Exhibitor or other persons in connection with the Show, and (iii) personal injuries, death, property damages or any other damage sustained by the Exhibitor, ABFE, the facility, Show sponsors or a visitor to the Show and their respective directors, officers, agents, representatives and employees or those for whom the Exhibitor is responsible in law.
No alterations or variations of the terms of this license agreement shall be valid unless made in writing and signed by each of the parties (exhibitor and show producer).
- This license agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the governing jurisdiction in which the show is held ( California ).
- AMERICAS BEST FOOD EVENTS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO, at its discretion: to determine the eligibility of Exhibitors and exhibits for the Show and competition winners, reject, eject, delay winnings or prohibit exhibits or Exhibitors from which Americas Best Food Events considers objectionable, inappropriate, disruptive or offensive to the show staff, the show itself, the show management, the competition rules and regulations, other Exhibitors or Show attendees, change or modify the layout of the Show and/or relocate exhibits or Exhibitors; for the duration of the Show; without any liability.
- All tables must be professional skirted with floor length; fire resistant skirting that is pleated or gathered. No plastic or paper tablecloths are allowed. Booth construction and signage must be exhibited in accordance to the rules and regulations pertaining to the Exhibitorís booth type and as outlined in the Exhibitor manual.
- The Exhibitor agrees that no display will be dismantled or goods removed during the term of the Show, but will remain intact until the end of the final closing hour on the last Show day. The Exhibitor also agrees to remove its display and equipment from the ABFE Show site by the final move-out day, and in the event of a failure to do so, or failure to return the assigned space to the same condition as the move-in date, the Exhibitor agrees to pay for any additional costs and expenses incurred by ABFE.
- In the event that the facility or the location in which the show is held is destroyed or becomes unavailable for occupancy or is unable to allow the Exhibitor to occupy the facility/location or the space, or if the Show is cancelled or curtailed, for any reasons beyond the control of Americas Best Food Events, including but not limited to, casualty, explosion, fire, lightning, flood, weather, epidemic, earthquake or other Acts of God, acts of the public enemies, riots or civil disturbances, strikes, lockout or boycott, Americaís Best Food Events, The Americaís Best Food Show, Jazz Gourmet Foods, The Anaheim Food Show, the Celebrity Food Show will not be responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, consequential or special damages or expenses of whatever nature that the Exhibitor may suffer or endure.
- Competition: Winners will be announced at the America 's Best Food Show at an awards banquet and ceremony. During the announcement of the winning products, the awards will be given to those winners who are present. For those who are not present; winners will be notified by staff members no later then the following month and awards will be shipped, (All winnings example: cash prizes, promotions and/or special event promotions in relation to your winnings, website promotions, advertisements, media promotions, ad promotions in Newspapers and Magazines for all competition winners will be issued but can take place up to 1 year from the date your company has won an award or cash prize at the Americas best food competition.
- Competition ads: Ads from all winners must be submitted to our office via email or sent by direct mail to P.O. Box 2631 , Capo Beach California , 92673please submit all ads in a pdf format of 360 dpi for all print and website promotions for the winning products and companies.
- Photos from the competition and each years event will be placed on line at the discretion of the show management team.
- All Exhibitors agrees to occupy the booth during show hours and not to remove his/her exhibit until the show closes at 5:30 pm on the last day of the show. The Exhibitor further agrees: to be fully responsible for his/her exhibit, the activities therein, and the contents thereof; to abide by all rules and regulations of the Producer/Promoter, Orange County Health Department, and the show location the Hilton Anaheim Hotel, also to hold harmless the Producer/Promoter from any damages, thefts or claims that might occur. Electricity is available but not included in this agreement.
- The show producer does not provide electric to the exhibitors complementary, the electric order form will be provided in your exhibitor packed and available to you each May prior to the show in August.
- A no show to event or vacant booth: If you book a booth with the celebrity food show and do not attend ultimately leaving your booth empty on the show floor causing the show to extend additional fees to remove the booth and adjust the show floor accordingly. You as the exhibitor will incur a fee of $750.00 for booth abandoned at the event during the show dateís any additional costs and expenses incurred by ABFE/celebrity food show will be passed onto the exhibitor for an empty booth on the floor.
Waiver by ABFE of any breach of any term or provision of this license agreement by the Exhibitor shall not be deemed a waiver of any subsequent breach of the same or any other provision hereof. No alterations, variations or changes of the terms of this agreement shall be changed unless made in writing and signed by each of the parties hereto. This license agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the governing jurisdiction of Orange County , CA . All exhibitors are invited to this event ABF events its management and staff reserve the right to excluded exhibitors from future events and promotions if the rules and regulation are not adhered to.
CANCELLATION AND TERMINATION
All deposits and fees received by Americas Best Food Events up to the date of notice of cancellation are non-refundable and non-transferable. In the event that the Exhibitor fails to make payments in accordance with the payment schedule shown on the contract; or fails to appear at the Show on time; The Show Producer reserves the right to cancel the space reservation agreement without notice and all rights of the Exhibitor hereunder shall cease and terminate. The show will retain any payment made by the Exhibitor as liquidated damages (and not as a penalty) for the breach of the show agreement; the show representatives can then re-rent the said space; and bring action against the Exhibitor for payment of the full cost of the contract. The Exhibitor shall not assign any rights or sublet space under this license agreement without the prior written permission of the Americas Best Food Events Producer, Mary Carter and said permission may be withheld at her sole discretion.
LIABILITY AND INSURANCE
- The Exhibitor shall obtain and maintain at its own expense a comprehensive general liability and all risk property insurance policy acceptable to Americas Best Food Events/Celebrity Food Show for the period commencing on the first move-in date and terminating on the last move-out date. The policy shall name Americas Best Food Events, The America’s Best Food Show , the Celebrity Food Show, Jazz Gourmet Foods and The Anaheim Food Show as additionally insured and insure the Exhibitor against all claims of any kind arising from or in any way connected with the Exhibitor’s presence or operations at the Show. The policy shall provide coverage of at least $1,000,000.00 for each separate occurrence. At the request of The Americas Best Food Events, the Exhibitor shall provide the Americas Best Food Events show office with a copy of such policy.
- The Exhibitor is responsible to insure its own exhibit, personnel, display and materials from any damage or loss through theft, fire, accident or other cause and accepts all risks associated with the use of the exhibit space and its environs. The Exhibitor shall not make any claim or demand or take any legal action, whatsoever, against The Americas Best Food Event, The Americas Best Food Show, The Anaheim Food Show, The Celebrity Food Show, Jazz Gourmet Foods, The Hilton Hotel, it’s parent corporation, subsidiaries, all affiliated companies and/or the Show sponsors, for any loss, damage or injury what so ever caused, to the Exhibitor, its officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees or their respective property.
Neither ABFE nor the facility (Hilton Anaheim) will assume liability for loss for damage, through any cause, of equipment, products, goods, exhibits or other materials owned, rented or leased by the Exhibitor.
America’s Best Food Events nor its affiliates will assume liability for loss or for damage, through any cause, of equipment, products, goods, exhibits or other materials owned, rented or leased by the Exhibitor.
America’s Best Food Events, The Hilton Hotel, it’s parent corporation, subsidiaries, all affiliated companies and/or the Show sponsors and their affiliates will assume liability for loss or for damage, through any cause, of equipment, products, goods, exhibits or other materials owned, rented or leased by the Exhibitor.
In the event that (i) the facility in which the Show is to be held or is held is destroyed or becomes unavailable for occupancy or (ii) ABFE is unable to permit the Exhibitor to occupy the facility or the space, or (iii) if the Show is cancelled or curtailed, for any reasons beyond the control of ABFE, including but not limited to, casualty, explosion, fire, lightning, flood, weather, epidemic, earthquake or other Acts of God, acts of public enemies, riots or civil disturbances, strike, lockout or boycott, ABFE, The Celebrity Food Show, The Anaheim Food Show, Jazz Gourmet Foods, The Hilton Anaheim will not be responsible for any loss of business, loss of profits, consequential or special damages or expenses of whatever nature that the Exhibitor may suffer.